Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gone for too long

There have ben many things that have kept me from blogging, some good and some bad, but alas I must say that all the while God has been preparing me, keeping me and showing me that he truly is in control. Some interesting topics that I've had the pleasure to discuss amongst friends as well as believers have helped bring me back to my desire to blog. One topic in particular is: Does God care if we're overweight as believers? Can he still use us? Am I in sin if I'm overweight? Let's see who tackled this first, and how! I've been gone too long, but I'm backkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Well....you asked this a while back. I'll give a brief answer. Without claiming to have Bible in hand, etc., I will say the the mere fact of being overweight is not sin. There are many attributing factors to one's being overweight. Now...gluttony is sin. Being overweight can be a result of gluttony. I think we should strive to excellence in our physical body. Being someone who has struggled with my weight, this is more than a notion. But, no...I don't believe I am sinning simply because I'm overweight.