Thursday, October 9, 2008

Frustrated but focused

Is it in this journey or on this journey? LOL! Well whichever. I'll say, life, the journey of life is filled with many twists and turns, winding roads, road blocks, setbacks and eventually smooth terrain. I have been actively seeking the Lord for His direction and His guidance as I travel along. The place I am right now, is all too familiar. In His presence, in His will, hmmm...... So why isn't that enough? Why am I not content. It's because I want to be all that God wants me to be and more. Somehow I've allowed people to make me think that I have to be more than what I am and in turn I have become frustrated by what I'm not. Paul says in the book of Phillippians that we must press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling which is in Christ Jesus. So as I press I am a bit frustrated, yet I am focused, because the goal I seek to reach is not here on earth. If I never get that dream car, dream house, wear a size 8, have a husband, get a PhD, I still press, because what I will eventually gain instead can all be compared to dung. WOW! Are there times when you have become frustrated by life? A process? Even your gift? The spirit of God showed me that it's okay to become frustrated as long as we sin not and realize that the journey is just the path to fulfilled prophecy. I know its been a while since I've written but be sure that I love you all. There is a lot that I have in me that I want to share, it just takes time and finding the right rest stop.

4 comments:

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Hey Cuz, it's good to hear from you again. Your thoughts/insights are thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed. I have been in much the same place. I am praying that the Lord will continually guide us toward the "prize of the hight calling of God." I am confident that "He who has begun a good work in you shall perform until the day of Christ Jesus." You just keep hanging and holding on. I know it's probably difficult, at best, to run on in the midst of various and diverse trial. But, God has perfect plan in mind.

Love you,

Kevin

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Constance, We go through many stages in our lives. I was just talking to Kevin yesterday about how bad his "why" stage was at age four and five. Some kids go through it worse than others, but all children do, right on time at that age. Every other question was "why"? If I tell him to do something it was always "why"?

A man's mid-life crisis is a real life condition. Again, some worse than others, there are those who don't hardly notice it, while some men buy a motorcycle, red sports car and/or divorce his wife trying to recapture a past era. And, let's not even talk about how hormonal we women get around ages 45-65 where at anytime menopause hits and we take on a totally different personality.

I said all of that to say, you are at the age where most of us around age 30-40, evaluate our present life in comparison to our preceding expectations of what it is supposed to be. This is a very real stage like adolescence :-) I do believe all stages have it's purpose and is ordained by God to work towards a better self worth.

I have just finished lending a listening ear to one of our 30 year old female members who has some of the concerns you mentioned in your post. I sent your blog and shared some simular experiences of mine with her. It only took an hour and a half :-) We know how long winded I am, even while here blogging and commenting :-)

Yes we must keep pressing. Along the way we learn more and more how to become content, through life's lessons towards the conclusion of just wanting to be in the will of the Father. For He will surely direct your path and orchestrate your purpose and ministry(s) on this journey. This is a great post. I am glad that you have it all together and pressing forward. I love you.

Aunt Vi

Proverbs 3:5&6

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Be encouraged in all that you do!!! You are MORE than a conqueror!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Ummm...it's been 6 or 7 months since this last blog. We await your next post!!!