Monday, April 21, 2008

The start of a change

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Today marks a new beginning for me. There is nothing special about today except for the fact that I like to make changes on Monday. It starts the week for me on a good note. Today I am committed to totally changing who I am, my life, my circumstances, my condition, my community and eventually the world. Someone may be wondering, what type/kind of change and how will it be done? I simply reply, watch/wait and see.

There is a great need for this change in my life. I have become calloused to life's circumstances, only paying attention to tragedies and not celebrating the victories. I have made a contract with myself to make a contious effort to change the world, starting with me. God is greater than all our affictions and so our lives should reflect that.

My feelings today are feelings of stress and anxiety because I don't know how long it will take, but I do know that I am committed. The bible says in Luke 9:62; no man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom. So I must press, because I have started this journey, this road that leads to change and ultimately a new creation.

If you can't help me, please don't stop me, move out of my way, don't try to block me. I got a race to run and I'm running by faith. At the finishing line, I'll see God's face.

1 comment:

Libby Love said...

Amen!!! you will find many people who are your so called friends will be adverse to your new change in your lifestyle. I will pray for your continued growth and wisdom and that you find the many blessings GOD has to offer!!!

xoxoxox
Lindsay